Add strength and support to the region’s innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem to accelerate research, innovation, commercial applications, and entrepreneurship in both the start-up and corporate environments.
Innovation is at the heart of improving productivity and competitiveness. Improving the region’s innovation and entrepreneurship capacity will enable businesses to move up the value chain and compete better on quality and cost.
- Build on commercial innovation in greater Kansas City driven by existing industry clusters, or concentrations of industry assets, and large firms.
- Build on greater Kansas City’s concentration of high-tech startups, which has increased faster than the national average since 1990, so that by 2010 it ranked in the top third of its 15 peer metros.
- Improve greater Kansas City’s performance rate in overall business creation.
Work Group Co-Chairs
- Darcy Howe – Angel Investor and Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch Private Banking and Investment Group
- Ron LeMay – Managing Director and Co-Founder, Open Air Equity Partners, Former President and COO, Sprint
- Davyeon Ross – Co-Founder and COO, ShotTracker
The KCRise Fund is a sidecar fund that co-invests with institutional Venture Capital investors in early stage companies based in KC. KCRise Fund portfolio companies benefit from the diligence and industry talents of investment professionals all over the US. KC area companies also gain sources of capital from investors in the Kansas City area.
In partnership with KC SourceLink and an advisory board of KC area civic leaders, KCInvestED is dedicated to supporting the development of local investments, connecting investors to improve deal visibility, connecting deals to investors and bringing visibility to KC-based deal flow ready for institutional investment from outside the KC region.
KC Rising is supporting the Kauffman Foundation as they begin to take a look at accelerator best practices, researching models around the world, across the country and right here in KC, learning of best practices that we will be able to incorporate into a number of efforts around collaboration and innovation hubs.